Recognition & Awards
Our faculty's achievements are reflected in their many awards and honours including:
The university also bestows honours on faculty whose achievements in research, scholarship and creative activities are deemed outstanding by experts in their respective fields. These awards include J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research, the Martha Cook Piper Research Prize and the University Cup.
Awards received this past year
- 2013 Sloan Research Fellows: Juli Gibbs-Davis, John Davis - Watch on YouTube.
- 2013 Royal Society of Canada Fellows: Simaan AbouRizk, Debra Cairns, James Pinfold, Raymond Egerton (professor emeritus)
- 2014 Killam Research Fellowship - Kevin Haggerty
- 2013 Killam Prizes: Lorne Babiuk, Witold Pedrycz
- 2013 Martha Cook Piper Research Prize: Keavy Martin, Kenneth Butcher
- 2013 University Cup: David Percy
- 2013 Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Fellows: Rob Burrell, Chris Power and Sunita Vohra
- 2014-2015 Killam Professors: Mohamed Al-Hussein, Jillian Buriak, Scott Chang, Gerald Häub, Charles Lucy and David Zhu
- 2014 J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research: Sarah Carter, Philip J. Currie
All University of Alberta award winners
Visit the Academic Awards and Ceremonies Database to find all our award winners. You can search by award, recipient and/or field of study.