Recognition & Awards
Our faculty's achievements are reflected in their many awards and honours including:
The university also bestows honours on faculty whose achievements in research, scholarship and creative activities are deemed outstanding by experts in their respective fields. These awards include J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research, the Martha Cook Piper Research Prize and the University Cup.
Awards received this past year
- 2013 Sloan Research Fellows: Juli Gibbs-Davis, John Davis - Watch on YouTube.
- 2013 Royal Society of Canada Fellows: Simaan AbouRizk, Debra Cairns, James Pinfold and Raymond Egerton (professor emeritus)
- 2013 Killam Prizes: Lorne Babiuk, Witold Pedrycz
- 2013 Martha Cook Piper Research Prize: Keavy Martin, Kenneth Butcher
- 2012 University Cup: David Percy
- 2013 Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Fellows: Rob Burrell, Chris Power and Sunita Vohra
- 2013-2014 Killam Professors: Yasmeen Abu-Laban, Mohamed Gamal El-Din, Dennis Hall, Fangliang He, James Pinfold, Aminah Robinson Fayek, Imre Szeman
- 2013 J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research: Gerald Robertson, Roderick Wasylishen
All University of Alberta award winners
Visit the Academic Awards and Ceremonies Database to find all our award winners. You can search by award, recipient and/or field of study.