Recognition and Awards
Our faculty's achievements are reflected in their many awards and honours. We are honoured to have:
The university also bestows honours on faculty whose achievements in research, scholarship and creative activities are deemed outstanding by experts in their respective fields. These awards include J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research, Martha Cook Piper Research Prize and the University Cup.
Recent awards received:
- 2014 Royal Society of Canada Fellows: Mark Boyce, Warren Finlay, Marnie Giesbrecht, Bernard Linsky, Martin Sharp, Austin Mardon
- 2015 Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellows: Simaan AbouRizk, Horacio Marquez, Hong Zhang and Norbert Morgenstern (Prof Emeritus)
- 2013 Canada Gairdner Wightman Award: Lorne Babiuk - for achievements in vaccine development and research on human and veterinary infectious disease control.
- 2013 Sloan Research Fellowship: Juli Gibbs-Davis, John Davis
- 2015 Killam Prize: Lorne Tyrrell
- 2014 University Cup: Paul Armstrong
- 2014 Canadian Academy of Health Sciences: Douglas Miller, Barbara Ballermann, Sandra Davidge, David Evans, Evangelos Michelakis, Richard Rachubinski, Brian Rowe, Alexander Clark
- 2015-2016 Killam Professors: Jie Chen, John Considine, Janet Elliott, Kurt Konhauser and Finlay McAlister
- 2015 J Gordin Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research: Imre Szeman, James Pinfold
- 2015 Martha Cook Piper Research Prize: Candace Nykiforuk, Michael Serpe
- 014 Royal Society of Canada Fellows: College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists: Chris Andersen, Chloe Taylor, Patrick MacDonald
- 2014 Royal Society of Canada Innis Gérin Medal: Janine Brodie
All University of Alberta award winners
Visit the Academic Awards and Ceremonies Database to find all our award winners. You can search by award, recipient and/or field of study.